Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena

Brigandine is the second tactics game that I played after Final Fantasy Tactics. This is a story about the world of Forsena. Forsena is a mythical world where wizards, knights, and monsters exist. The main goal of this game is to conquer all the castles on the map by means of attacking it with your chosen characters from your chosen country. The countries you can choose from are Leonia, New Almekia, Carleon, Norgard, Iscalio and the secret country you can play only by inputting a secret code on the start of the game, Esgares Empire. Whatever country you choose, the objective is still the same. The only difference is the leaders and their unique ability and magic.

I love the level up feature in this game where characters that reach level 10 can transform into a more powerful warrior or wizard with added skills and/or magic. For example, a mage at level 1-9 can transform into a druid or a sorcerer when he reached level 10 and can transform into a necromancer or a wizard at level 20 and above.

I played this game using these strategies.

1. I never left my castle undefended. Meaning I always put three leaders on it with their respective units to be able to defend against enemy invaders.
2. I attack an undefended or least defended castle. It is always best to attack an undefended castle or a castle that is weak in defense.
3. Putting up a gate. I see to it that the castles I have conquered cannot be conquered again by an enemy by protecting one or two castles that they need to break through before they can get to my other castles.

A few years back when I bought my Playstation one console, this game was one of the game discs I chose to be one of my free game discs that are free when you buy a Playstation one console during that time. I failed to test it though and I ended up returning it the day after because it can’t be read by my newly bought Playstation one, talk about the feeling of being a victim of pirated game discs at my first try. Huhuhu. He,he. Anyway, the second game disc that I purchased after a few years is now very readable by my Playstation console even though it is only a pirated copy. But this is the last game I ever played on my Playstation one before it crash and became useless. Ha,ha,ha.

I recommend this game to all who love ancient battles, games and magic.

8 comments:

Rendezvous said...

Wow! Bigtime ka pala! may play station sayang nga lang nasira! baket naman yun? anu ginawa mo dun? hehe! sabagay remove and replace na lang ang recommend ko diyan! hehe! I didn't know this game but when I read your review about it, I find interesting to this game but I don't have play station! station lang meron ako! hehe!

MARV Blueseraph said...

bigtime? because of the playstation? hehe. ang mura lang nun. nway, super ipon nga ako nung college ako para lang makaipon ng playstation. hindi ako kumakain at minsan .... secret..... hehehe.. nasira kasi over use ko na ung una kong playstation. pinapalitan ko ng lens ayun nagamit ko uli. then nasira again. di ko nagamit ng matagal at ayun pinalitan ko uli ng lens for 1thou at ngaun. mahina na uling bumasa.

Rendezvous said...

1k nalang pala ang play station? gusto ko kasi yung psp. nagpapabili me sa friend ko sa japan di pa niya alm ang price kaya pag-iipunan ko. hmmm anu yung secret? na curious naman ako dun.. anyway mukhang maganda ang game na ito.

MARV Blueseraph said...

yung lens lang ng playstation ang 1k ung playstation one nasa 4k pababa na ngaun.secret code lang un para magamit mo ung esgares empire. madali lang un.

MARV Blueseraph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rendezvous said...

baket meron ka nabura comment? pwede pala mabura ang comment? pano mo ginawa yun?

Anonymous said...

What are you playing right now? [url=http://tjenepengerpaanett.blog.com/]hvordan tjene masse penger[/url]

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.