Thursday, August 28, 2008

Final Fantasy Tactics




Final fantasy Tactics is the first tactical game I ever played. The first time I saw this game was when I am in college. As I was walking along Llanas Mall in Alabang, I caught a glimpse of someone playing this game at the arcade computer station. I was amazed to see that the game play of this game resembles that of a chess board game, and that turn me on because I love to play chess. Combined also with fantasy and magic, I immediately fell in love with it.
I immediately planned to get a copy of this game and days passed by when I finally went to the store to buy this game, and I tried to play it. It take me about five to seven minutes before my first battle began, I was a bit disappointed because I thought that I could only control one character and that is Ramza, the protagonist. So I didn’t purchase it the first time. Then as days passed by, I saw this guy again playing the same game at Llanas Mall and I asked him if I could only control one character in the game. He said it was only at first because it was just a prelude of the story that is why the only character I can control is Ramza. But as the game progresses, you can control different characters as well. These characters are soldiers at first and when you level them up by gaining experience in battles, they can be given different job classes that you would like to give them.
The following are examples of the job classes.
1. Squire – the basic job class.
2. Chemist – the basic job class, able to learn item skills.
3. Knight – the second job class after squire. Able to learn break techniques.
4. Wizard – the second job class after chemist. Able to learn magic spells.
5. Monk – a warrior class type. Have incredible attack power.
6. Time Mage- class that can learn time magic abilities that can hasten allies and slow enemies.
7. Archer – class that can shoot arrows. Can learn the charge ability.
8. Oracle – class that can learn the ying yang magic.
9. Summoner – class that can summon monsters that can heal allies or damage enemies.
10. Priest – class that can learn white magic for healing and support.
11. Geomancer – class that can learn to cast a magic element depending on the surface he or she is on.
12. Lancer – class that can learn the jump ability and can equip the lance weapon.
13. Mediator – class that uses his talk ability in battle.
14. Bard – class only for men. Can sing songs that do healing or support magic on all allies.
15. Dancer – class only for women. Can dance that do damage or inflict bad statuses on foes.
16. Samurai – class that can draw power instilled at the katana blade which can damage foes or heal and support allies.
17. Ninja – class that have the ability to attack twice and has a throw ability which he can throw weapons at enemies at great distances.
18. Calculator – class that uses math skill which depending on the character’s level, action time, height, and experience.
19. Mime – class that mimics every allies move.
Aside from these classes, the main characters on the game usually start with a special class and not a squire. Some of these are classes are holy knight, dark knight, engineer, heaven or hell knight, divine knight, holy swordsman, temple knight, dragoner, and soldier.
My favorite class is the Magic Classes like Wizard, Summoner, Time Mage, Oracle, and Priest. For me, during a battle, why will I expend my effort in a sword fight, I would rather blast the enemies with magic rather than swinging a sword at them. He,he.

I recommend this game for all those who love chess and tactical games.

2 comments:

Rendezvous said...

Dito rin, may comment din ako bakit nawala rin? pwede pala mabura ang mga comment dito sa blog? anyway, final fantasy tactics pala ang tawag dito. kala ko ragranok? hehe, mga panahon na nauso ang game na ito'y tutok ako sa pag-aaral at work! ala time sa ganito game! ok nga rin ito minsan na mapanood ko maganda ang graphics! basta enjoy na ako sa panonood! hehe

MARV Blueseraph said...

ragranok? hahaha.
dapat ragnarok. hehe. nway tao lang.. yup parang ung style ng ragnarok e dito kinuha sa game na to. Meron na nito sa psp.